It's a sweltering 30 degrees with high humidity outside, yet I can't get my mind off warm flannel, plaid and sweaters. Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but after weeks of high temperatures, flowing dresses, picnics and ice cream, i'm just about ready for the crisp fall air, warm jackets, apple pies... and fall wardrobe planning!
Clockwise starting from top left corner, here are the sewing projects that are making recurring appearances in my dreams:
- Brigitte dress in striped ponte knit (with contrast pockets)
- Venetian red twill Hollyburn skirt
- Blouse from Cynthia Rowley 2215 pattern in dark plaid
- Slim fitting Lady Skater top in red (and in black) (with or without peplum?)
- Blouse from Cynthia Rowley 2215 pattern in solid red or solid black
- Wool Hollyburn skirt
- Black and white tweed Burda 7069 pencil skirt
- Lady Skater in red and black herringbone ponte knit
I already have all the patterns needed, as well as the tweed fabric for the pencil skirt and the ponte for the Lady skater dress, so I might try to start things off there when I finish my two current ongoing summer projects.
Here is a list of other things I'd gladly make if I had extra hours in the day:
- Brigitte dress: black or dark grey with leather pockets
- Breton top
- Simplicity 1803 with long sleeves in deep red fabric
- Dark plaid shirt dress M6696
- Lady skater: solid knit with lace applique (around collar OR sleeves)
- B7137: emerald wool crepe, contrast collar (white?) with lining.
- Red coat
- Finish knitting my grey sweater
- Start knitting Brick by Clare Lee
- Knit a cowl